Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Apply for a permit

You can apply for a parking permit if you live in a street that is part of the Residents Parking Permit scheme. 

The address you provide must be your primary address.   

There is a limit of 2 resident permits and 1 visitor permit for each property. 

All permits are valid for either 3, 6, 9 or 12 months.

All applications for parking permits should be made through the MiPermit system.

Log in to MiPermit

Resident permits costs

​​​​12 months
​9 months
​​6 months
​​3 months
​First resident permit
​Second resident permit

  • A MiPermit account,
  • a valid council tax number,
  • your vehicle registration number, and
  • proof that the vehicle is kept at your address and linked to the person applying for the permit.

How to apply if you are a student or you do not know your council tax account number

If you do not know or do not have access to your council tax number, you can still apply for a digital permit. 

You will need to complete the Apply to Register section on the Permit Registration page. ​

You will need to upload a proof of address, such as:

  • a valid tenancy agreement showing your name and address as well as the dates of the tenancy,
  • a council tax document,
  • a utility bill, or
  • a bank statement.

If we approve your application, you will receive an email to confirm setup and instructions on how to buy permits.

If you already have a MiPermit account, you will be advised to log in and buy your permits.

If we set up a MiPermit account for you, we will send you a PIN code, which can be used as the password. This must be used within 1 hour. You will then be able to change your password and apply for your permits.


A proof of vehicle can be: 

  • a vehicle log book (V5C), 
  • a hire or lease agreement, or 
  • an insurance document. The insurance address should be where you keep the car. 


If you are a student and you are taking your car with you to university, your car must be insured at your university address.

You can have a separate correspondence address if you need one. 


Create a MiPermit account

If you are unable to set up an account online, you can call MiPermit on 0333 123 6006.

When you have an account with MiPermit, you can buy and manage your permits on the website or through the MiPermit App.


© 2022 Cardiff Council