Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area

Cardiff Council

Apply for a bus pass

All senior citizens and disabled people receive free bus travel on local bus services throughout Wales.


Disabled people who need assistance to travel may also be allowed to take a companion with them for free.


Who can apply for a bus pass?

You can apply for a bus pass if you:



Which buses can I use my pass on?

Passes can be used on:

Passes are not valid for travel on National Express or MegaBus.


More information about bus services can be found on the Traveline Cymru​​​​​​​​​​​Link opens in a new window website.


Some councils that border England have also arranged for passes to be valid on routes into nearby towns within England.


How do I apply?


Apply online via the Transport for Wales website​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​External link opens in a new window.

You will need your national insurance number and a digital photo of yourself if applying for the first time.

For renewals you will need your existing bus pass number.

If you require a paper application form, please call 0300 303 4240 alternatively you can get help to apply from one of our Advice Hubs.


Lost or stolen pass?

You can obtain a replacement pass from Transport for Wales​​​​​​​​​​​​​​External link opens in a new window