Navigate Up
Sign In

My Neighbourhood

Use your postcode to find local councillors, facilities, school catchment areas and more.

Find facilities in my area
new cardiff > ENG > Business > Licences and Permits > Leisure and personal treatment

Leisure and personal treatment licences


Caravan and camp site licence 

If you wish to use land as a caravan and/or camp site, you will need to obtain a licence.

Apply by post:

Please complete the correct application form(s) and return it to us by post or in person: ​

Private Sector Housing,
Regulatory and Supporting Services,
City Hall,
Cathays Park,
CF10 3ND


Personal treatment

Acupuncture, piercings and tattooists

If you carry out acupuncture, piercings, tattooing and/or electrolysis, you must register your business with the council.

This regulation exists to ensure that you meet the relevant health and safety standards and lessen the risk of infection.

Apply online:


EU Services Directive
Complaints procedures and other redress



Apply by post:

Please complete the correct application form(s) and return it to us by post or in person: 

Cardiff Council
City Hall
CF10 3ND


Opening Hours

Monday - Thursday: 8.30am - 5pm

Friday: 8.30am - 4pm 


General licence fees and charges (244kb PDF)​​​​​​​​Link opens in a new window .

We accept the following methods of payment:

  • Debit card (by phone only - 029 20871651)
  • Cheque (made payable to ‘Cardiff Council’)
  • BACS:
    Sort Code 52-21-06 
    Acc No. 20408838​
    Address: Lloyds Bank Plc, 1 Queen Street, Cardiff, CF10 2AF.

    Please inform us of the reference number and date of payment if you are paying by BACS so that we can locate the payment.

Caravan/campsite application - We will make a decision within 2 months of receiving the application or within 6 weeks if planning permission is received after the application is made.

Personal treatment – your application will be processed and you will be informed of the outcome.

If you would like any help or advice please contact us


029 2087 1651